Monday, November 18, 2019

Providence Bruins Meet the Team Night & Catching Up

Tonight was Meet the Team night at Dunkin Donuts Center for the Providence Bruins. The majority of the roster was in attendance signing autographs.  The two noticeable exceptions I picked up were Chris Breen and Cameron Hughes.  Hughes we heard was ill and stayed home. Not sure why Breen wasn't there.

We arrived fairly late for session two, but the event was pretty well organized.  Players were sitting two or three to a table around the concourse, and big thumbs up for having not just the team store, but also the Dunkin' in the building be open to sell not just gimmicks, but coffee for the coffee drinkers.

I won't bore you with the details.  But I was able to zip through the autograph lines pretty quickly.  The team also did a very good job of having a pretty big paper stock poster for people to get signed.  The only person on the poster not available to get an autograph from was Hughes, which isn't bad.

So, going in, the plan was to get the team to sign the pennant.  Really nice of the boys to keep their signatures small (and also number tag), so that I could get everybody.  But I also picked up a logo puck with a lot of white space to get Peter Cehlarik's auto.  His signature was small enough that I was also able to get Trent Fredric and Max Legace on there, too. 

So, I've added my first autographs to my Providence Bruins collection.

In the last few weeks I've also had some TTM and fanpack returns.  I'm going to get back on posting more often, but I don't have pics to go with the post, so we'll just tag them in here.

Gene Garber and Dick Groat returned some custom cards that I sent out a while ago.  And fan packs came back from the Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders and just today the Jacksonville Jaguars (BORTLES!).

I am also less than 100 days away from going to Ireland.  We are missing a chance to see an EIHL game just a day or two.  But I am hoping to see SSE Arena Belfast, home of the Belfast Giants while we're there (and will be getting a puck for the collection, because count it).

2 comments:

  1. That banner looks awesome with all the signatures. My local card shop sells toploaders for them, one of them would be on my list if I got that banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad idea, Billy.

    I need one of those and about a dozen puck and ball cubes...

    ReplyDelete