Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Providence Bruins Fanfest & Preseason Game Vs Springfield Announced for September 28


It's almost hockey time.  It has been a long, hockeyless summer, but that changes in just a couple of weeks.  The Providence Bruins, who have the worst fan experience in the AHL's Eastern Conference, but is my new home team (sad trombone) are coasting into the preseason with a Fanfest & preseason game on September 28th.


The Baby Bruins will be hosting the Springfield Thunderbirds on Saturday, September 28th at the Dunkin Donuts Center.  The Fanfest features appearances by Cat Country 98.1 FM personalities, autograph signings and "games for kids and adults".

Am I going?  Yeah.  My partner and I have a 10-game season ticket package.  But this seems like another phone-in job by the PBruins.

I have heard that there's been huge turnover in the front office over the off season.  But the people they kept have not been making great decisions.  Last season I kind of accepted the Bruins' were not going to care too much about the fans.  Just turn the lights on, play hockey and cash the PDC check.

I am excitedly waiting to see hockey.  But, I wish I could be excitedly waiting to see P-Bruins hockey.

Shockingly, there are still plenty of tickets available.

No comments:

Post a Comment