Monday, August 26, 2019

Fantasy Football Content: What Do You Do When Mahomes Goes Two?


My fantasy league drafted last night.  It's a 12-team half-point PPR.  We missed last year, because I was just too busy to get it organized.  But this year we're running full barrel.  Up 4 teams from 2017, and this year we're adding keepers.

The draft started predictably, Saquon Barkley went number 1.  Then my girlfriend's brother decided to screw up everyone's plan and took Patrick Mahomes second.  I had a long wait, having drawn the 12 slot.  By the time it got down to me, I was kind of where I expected to be and went JuJu Smith-Schuster and Joe Mixon with the 12 & 13 picks.  Then I went Ertz and WoodsJosh Jacobs was probably my steal of the draft.  He came in at the end of round 5, about 30 slots lower than where I had him predicted.  I picked up Matt Ryan in round 6 and Lamar Jackson in round 9 was my backup.  Jackson has a week 8 bye and Ryan has a week 9 bye.  So Jackson coming off the bye week seemed like a good spot for him.

Week 9 is going to be my hell week.  I've got 6 players with a week 9 bye, so I'm hoping for some depth magic for that week.

My week 1 match-up has me as a point and a half dog with losing match-ups at every position except for TE, FLEX, K & DST.  My opponent has Odell Beckham starting WR1.  So I'm hoping either Odell is a game time scratch, or gets limited snaps.

How did your drafts go?

No comments:

Post a Comment