Monday, May 20, 2019

TTM Success #8: Tommy Greene and his '91 No Hitter

Player: Tommy Greene
Sent: 4/19/19
Return: 5/20/19 (31 days)
Ratio: 2/2
Item: 2 custom cards with #49 and "No Hitter" 5/23/91 inscriptions
Address Source: Warrington, PA address listed at SCF.

Tommy Greene was a big part of the 1993 World Series team.  He also threw a no-hitter against the Expos in 1991.  It was the only year (I think) that the Phillies wore grey road uniforms with the maroon & fat P before moving to the new 50's throwback style thin P logo.  I would pay all my money to convince the Phillies to bring that logo set back.

Anyway, these cards went out on 4/19 and came back almost on the 28th anniversary of the game.  Tommy signed both cards in blue sharpie and added "#49" and "No Hitter 5/23/91" without request.   The picture I used on this card came from the no hitter game (though, I did add the 1993 World Series logo, as I've done for all the 93 guys I've done cards with).  But I was very pleasantly surprised with the inscription.

No comments:

Post a Comment