Sunday, April 14, 2019

My Personal Collection Updates

Collecting was so much easier when I was a kid. I go to the local card store (Faraday Traders in Morton, PA) and buy packs of Topps cards and work at putting together the set.  Back then inserts were the All-Star cards. It was, if you'll excuse me as I recline in my front porch rocking chair, a simpler time.

I did build a pretty impressive Mike Schmidt PC.  He was my guy. Then, like all of us out here in grown up baseball card collecting blogger land, I packed the cards away.

Now that I'm back in the game, I was lucky to have found in a box that hasn't been unpacked for six moves, my binder of PC cards, stocked with a pretty significant assortment of my Mike Schmidt collection.  Unfortunately, some of the bigger cards, the Topps rookie for example, have been lost to the sands of time.


When I got back into buying baseball cards last year, I was a little scatter shot.  Started with Panini Stars & Stripes, then some Allen & Ginter, bought a box of BBM Japanese cards. I finally settled into a couple boxes of Topps' flagship. 

Now that we're getting into my second season as a collector, I've decided to narrow down my focus. My old PC binder jump started me with PC's for Mike Schmidt, Larry Bowa, Steve Bedrosian, Ritchie Ashburn and Robin Roberts.  On top of those 5 Phillies legends, I'm adding Rhys Hoskins and Bryce Harper.

I'm tracking my collection here, and I have the Schmidt List updated here

No comments:

Post a Comment