Monday, April 29, 2019

Mail Day: Vault Card Club (Take 2)

Last Tuesday I opened my first (and probably last) Vault Card Club subscription box.

As I mentioned in that post, I didn't get the "Vault Club Pack" (or whatever) that was promised as part of the package.  Today VCC made right and delivered a pack of hits to complete that order.

I am glad they stuck to their word and completed my shipment, but I'm still not overly impressed.  Three cards, they are all autographed, and I did finally hit on a Phillie.  But I still don't think I got $30 worth of value out of this box.

The 3 "hits" I got are all pitchers, 2 Bowman and a Donruss.  We got a 2014 Matt Imhof on-card on a Bowman Chrome, a 2011 Bowman Chrome Matt Burke (both are "1st Bowman Cards), and a 2014 Donruss The Rookies' on-sticker for Stolmy Pimentel.

The whole experience with Vault Card Club was a let down.  The packs were not that impressive, and these 'hits' didn't exactly set the world on fire.

So I'm going to confirm my original grade score of Vault Card Club as a C-.

2 comments:

  1. That sucks as I had a completely different experience. While the Vault pack didn't have any high end hits I got 4 all from the Reds which I had requested including one I PC. The packs I received were a great value in my opinion and ended up with a Gleyber auto that more than paid for my box. Keep posting as I love the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, very glad you had a better experience. Hopefully you keep getting good product from them.

      Thanks for reading.

      Delete