Thursday, April 25, 2019

TTM Success #3: Larry Bowa


Player: Larry Bowa
Sent: 4/19/19
Return: 4/25/19 (6 days)
Ratio: 2/2
Item: 2 custom cards,
Address Source: Conshohocken, PA address listed at SCF.


First return from the second batch of cards that went out last week.  This one comes in from Larry Bowa via his Conshohocken, PA address listed on SportsCardForum.

Larry is one of two people who were either players or coaches in both the Phillies' 1980 and 1993 World Series appearances.  The other was John Vukovich, who sadly we lost several years ago.

I sent two custom cards, and a letter of request.  Both got returned.  So far we're batting 1.000 on our returns.  I did notice that the B in both signatures are different, but the Larry is very consistent, so I'm trying not to conspiracy theory about a ghost signer.

Thrilled to have my first return from the first era of Phillies' baseball that I remember, and very happy to add a member of the 1980 & 1993 World Series teams to my small collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment